Generation Madden
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Punt protection

+3
derekls
MethoSauRuS
keg43
7 posters

Go down

Punt protection Empty Punt protection

Post  keg43 January 13th 2010, 12:17 am

Gotta come up with a rule just like in any sim league ive been in that you can't pull guys back as extra blockers from the line of scrimmage in punt returns...It's cheesy and not sim.
keg43
keg43
Admin

Back to top Go down

Punt protection Empty Re: Punt protection

Post  MethoSauRuS January 13th 2010, 1:09 am

i could name about 10 teams in the NFL that use 2 returners back, 1 to block 1 to return
MethoSauRuS
MethoSauRuS
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MethoSauRuS January 13th 2010, 1:09 am

of course not every punt but you get what i mean
MethoSauRuS
MethoSauRuS
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  keg43 January 13th 2010, 8:12 am

No team in the Nfl double covers your wideout rushers and drops lineman back to block for the returner so no I don't get what you mean. If you wanna drop someone back take a guy off of double press coverage. One of those guys would probably be a decent return guy cause they're usually a db or something. But dropping linemen back is not sim. It just like the nanoblitzing rule where you can't move people out of position before the play.
keg43
keg43
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  derekls January 13th 2010, 1:15 pm

keg43 wrote:Gotta come up with a rule just like in any sim league ive been in that you can't pull guys back as extra blockers from the line of scrimmage in punt returns...It's cheesy and not sim.

Im not to sure this league is that 'sim' - have you seen some of the stats / scores .... a couple of ppl raped the cpu........

one game went out 73-14.

I guess when I play my cpu game in week 2 im goin to cut loose and see how much I can run the ball for / pass for and score as much points as I can. lol

derekls

Back to top Go down

Post  MJSledgehammer January 13th 2010, 1:21 pm

That is true, like even if people are running the ball to try to run the clock out, running for 400 yards and scoring 9 rushing touchdowns is not sim either. Accumulating 800 some yards of total offense isn't sim either. I understand the CPU is "easy" to do that against and people may not have been trying to run up the score, but the fact of the matter is, if you have CPU teams it's probably not going to be a sim league simply because most of us are good enough to "run up the score" without even trying to.

MJSledgehammer

Back to top Go down

Post  MJSledgehammer January 13th 2010, 1:32 pm

And just take a look at the stats of some of the players of the week nominations for proof on this point...Brady Quinn with 7 TDs? Typically Brady Quinn setting an NFL record for most passing TDs in a game would not be considered very sim. Nor would Darren McFadden having over 400 total yards and 6 TDs.

I'm not calling anybody out, because I completely understand the CPU is an easy opponent so you guys aren't trying to run up the score or run up your stats, it's simply that easy. But if it's that easy for stats to be accumulated like that, then how can you really still consider this a sim league?

MJSledgehammer

Back to top Go down

Post  derekls January 13th 2010, 1:35 pm

I dont consider this a sim league, after seeing some of those stats, although my first game against faceforfoot(cant rem his exact name) (the saints)

was very sim and was a very good game.

next game will be interesting tho, ive got CJ, and i play the cpu lol

derekls

Back to top Go down

Post  daniboy33 January 13th 2010, 2:17 pm

It seems like all human vs human teams are sim and everyone playing the computer is just raping the CPU. One guy with 9 sacks...etc. I know its easy to sack the CPU but do you really have to sack him every down? Now I kinda wish this was a 24 team league, because there are just too many CPU games and some guys are gonna end the season with 50 sacks and 6,000 passing yards...etc
daniboy33
daniboy33
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dbake333 January 13th 2010, 2:51 pm

Well, I know in my case, I played the cpu. I never really play the cpu and I didn't realize how easy it was. Everything I did was just wide open. I mean am I supposed to just tackle myself? The crazy stats have to be dealt with when there is only 16 users. I think we should change player of the weeks to only include players who played against a human opponent
dbake333
dbake333

Back to top Go down

Post  daniboy33 January 13th 2010, 2:56 pm

I agree that player of the week should only be for real games, not played against CPU. Maybe that will take some of the desire to for people to try and pile up the stats.
daniboy33
daniboy33
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  keg43 January 13th 2010, 4:17 pm

Abother reason stats are so outta control is because of 10 min quarters. I don't know about you guys but I don't get excited to play the CPU for that long and my last game just took over an hour. We need to cut the quarter length down cause the stats are outta control.
keg43
keg43
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  keg43 January 13th 2010, 7:40 pm

So what is the verdict of this league? Is it sim or what cause I just played a game where my opponent had 7 rushing att. and 35 passing att...and I was losing 14-0 in the first quarter...Do I really have to deal with this or are we gonna mix up some play calling here.
keg43
keg43
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  whYte N0iSE January 13th 2010, 8:04 pm

THIS IS DEF A SIM LEAGUE

I dont care what you do to the cpu that up to you but when you play human to human its def sim....and even i do the kick return thing but yeah from now on NO moving players until after the snap on any type of special teams including field goals ( no blockin field goals unless the cpu does it ).......also you cant just run the whole game and you cant just pass the whole game...try to keep the ratio of run to pass within 20% of each other....lets play right yall.
whYte N0iSE
whYte N0iSE

http://www.myspace.com/johnnywhiplashistheshit

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum